Wednesday 6 October 2010

World Press Photo 2010. Exibition. 5th of October.

If the purpose of this exhibition is to shock and provoke nausea then I can honestly say that it was a big success.
Although I can understand the need to raise awareness of the atrocities of war and the futility of violence I find it morbid and obscene to capture such scenes. 
It is not that I am not aware of the monstrosity of human nature, I am not delusional. 
It's the need to capture and the display those images that I find sadistic.  
Physically I could not bare to see all the photos and had to leave, although the psychological agony continued and gave me bad dreams. 

However, regardless of its horridness, there was this photo I found fascinating. 
(image below)
Morbid and endearing at the same time, the author managed to capture the heartbreaking scene of mother's unconditioned love though providing a gloomy atmosphere by desaturation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment